welcome to my blog faywolfendendesigns@yahoo.ca

WELCOME to my BLOG....

Saturday, December 06, 2014

Bead Hoarders Blog Hop Dec. 6. 2014

Finally got my photos taken... still no sun but think they will do..
Here's a key chain that I made from one of my hoarder beads..It is a rather large bead for me to make and I love the colours...since I don't keep notes on the colours that I use pretty much all of my beads are one of a kind unless I  only use 2 or 3 colours.. then I keep a piece of each rod in a little plastic cup (the ones they use to give out the pills and meds. in hospitals.  My Mom used to save them for me (before she passed away)... they do come in handy.
I really love the colours in these beads..These ones I can duplicate.. I used an orange rod, mustard yellow and an olive green rod to make these and  I just love how they turned out. I added a Swarovski crystal and  a square spacer at the bottom for some sparkle & interest.
I will be keeping this pair for my self.








This bracelet is made from some lemon yellow & lime green glass rods.  I added some commercial lime green cubes, fresh water pearls and Swarovski crystals.   Sterling spacers & clasp complete the bracelet. Bracelets are one of my favorite things to wear.  I can not leave my house without one on.  I have started keeping some in my car just in case I forget to wear one.



I made this heart bead using my new heart press. Still getting the hang of it.  This bead is the same colour combination as the earrings.  I will be keeping this also.  The heart pieces are some I thrifted at the Women's Shelter Thrift store.  I usually take a bag of my previously enjoyed items to give to them and then purchase some (mostly jewelry) items to add to my collection to make my mixed media pieces.  I usually find some things that make good jewelry displays as well.  I will post some of my finds and their transformation at a later date. 
(I love thrifting, so exciting to see what you can find).
All these beads are special to me probably because of their color combinations.  When I take the beads out of the kiln the next day it is just like Christmas... to see how they turn out...
They truly are hand-made, one at a time.. born of the flame.  I really like fire, something magical about it.. I guess that is my favorite thing to do...to   make beads.
Thank you Lori for hosting the Bead Hoarders Blog Hop... 
  
 Sorry for some reason  I cannot   get the link to work...So click on the Blog Hop badge, click on the Blog Hop link on the top right & it will take you to the list of participants.    
                       !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!             Have fun hopping    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sunday Dec. 7 at 1:30 Pacific time:  Just finished the entire BLOG HOP
Follow Me on Pinterest

22 comments:

Unknown said...

A keychain is such a fun idea ! Amazing work !

Terri said...

Brilliant designs! Way to de-stashing!!!

Monique (A Half-Baked Notion) said...

Wow, Fay, how special to combine beads you made yourself with unique thrifted items. I love bracelets as much as you, but I hadn't thought of hiding some in the car LOL. My Hubby would get a chuckle!

Marci Brooks said...

Beautiful designs! I miss trips to yard sales and thrift stores to see what strikes me as usable in a design. Looking forward to seeing some of your display ideas as well.

Donetta said...

I am in awe of people who work with glass and fire! Beautiful beads, and beautiful creations...I loved stopping by!

Mimi said...

Such lovelies! You had lots of fun!

Karen Mitchell said...

Lovely pieces Fay! You've reminded me to check out my local thrift stores as well.

Hannah said...

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing your work with us.

Divya N said...

I once tried my hand at lampworking and realised how difficult it was so whenever I look at a bead artist's work, I can only admire it

Kelly said...

The colors of the earrings are very peppy and energized. They remind me of a spring day when a budding tree finally opens its blossoms - very cheerful and colorful. Your other designs are lovely too - love your color choices overall!

KJ said...

What wonderfully colored pieces. I love them all. That key chain is splendid. I think I would hang it off of a purse. The earrings are eye-catching. I LOL at you having to keep spare bracelets in the car; I have things just like that in my car. All the pieces are lovely and I hope you have the opportunity to show them off this season.

Kepi said...

Love your pieces, they are so colorful and well designed. Great work!

sheilaposter said...

You know your beads in a much more intimate and different way then I do. Actually making them yourself gives you such propriatary knowledge of them

Roxanne Mendoza said...

The keychain was a great idea! I know what you mean about leaving the house without your favorite piece of jewelry on! I'm like that about earrings...there's always a pair in my purse. Great job on all your pieces!

bead addict said...

Wow, your beads are fantastic and your designs set them off to perfection :-)

Liz said...

Beautiful beads, love the fun bright colors! The key chain is a great piece too.

Unknown said...

Beautiful pieces. I really like that heart!

Becky Pancake said...

Awesome lampwork Fay. I can see why you are keeping these for yourself. Great designs. I too am a thrift store shopper. Isn't it fun so see what you can find?

Unknown said...

These are really pretty! Great Job! I think you have the Hang of the heart, it is lovely! Have a Blessed Day!

ladelizchica said...

Wow you have some very pretty beads and great designs.

LiRaysa Designs said...

Awesome work. I Love that heart cut out...An Amazing piece.

Lori Anderson said...

I love the bright colors!!!!